Engineer ShipdesignLast updated one month ago
As an engineer shipdesign you’ll be working on 3D modelling and 2D designs for all types of complex vessels. Based on the designs from our naval architects, FEM engineers and system engineers you’re able to set up functional designs for the hull construction taking weight, building procedures and maintenance in account. The engineeringwork you perform consist of construction calculations, construction plans and construction drawings, general arrangements etc. You work closely together within your project team of vessel design but also with our other departments of equipment design and marine operations.
We work with well know software like Autocad, Nupas and Rhino and we have the tools and experience within our company to develop you further as an engineer. The position engineer shipdesign will be on the vessel design department. The projects you’re going to work on are client specific vessels for offshore, renewable, dredging and mining, and salvage and decommissioning markets. This can be for new built as well as conversions of vessels.
- Making 3D models and 2D designs for all types of vessels with software like Autocad,Nupas and Rhino
- Set up functional designs for hull constructions taking weight, building procedures and maintenance in account
- Perform construction calculations, drawings, general arrangements etc.
- Work closely together with your colleagues of the vessel design department, equipment design and marine operations
- Design and modelling according to requirements from classification societies and authorities
- A Bsc. in Maritime engineering, shipbuilding, mechanical engineering or comparable.
- Knowledge of relevant requirements from classification societies and authorities
- Knowledge of calculation, general arrangements, construction drawings, vessel design
- Experience with engineering and design tools like Nupas and Autocad
- About 3 years’ experience in a similar position and willing to develop in Engineering, with a focus on CAD and 3D modelling
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), working from home possibilities and a bonus scheme
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team (average experience 10+ years)
- Study possibilities and training
- Outside of working time activities like drinks, football, harbour runs and other