Structural / FEM Engineer Shipdesign
Structural / FEM Engineer ShipdesignLast updated nearly 4 weeks ago
Vuyk Engineering Rotterdam is currently looking for a structural / FEM engineer for their vessel design department. As a structural engineer your focus is on FEA calculations, where you can think of strength, fatigue, buckling and stiffness calculations to check and adapt the hull structure and designs. You’ll work closely together with our naval architects, who provide the first concept, as well as our engineers who will detail the models. Although your job is focused on Structural Engineer, it would be a plus if you have some experience with design and 3D/2D software as well.
Depending on your interests you can develop either to a specialist Structural / Fem Engineer or Lead Engineer in the future.
The projects you’re going to work on are client specific vessels for offshore, renewable, dredging and mining, and salvage and decommissioning markets. This can be for new built as well as conversions of vessels.
Interested in working for Vuyk? Send your application to email@example.com or call Sebastiaan Schuurman for more information (+31 (0)10 312 6400)
- Perform fatigue, buckling, strength, stiffness and FEA calculations;
- Check and adapt hull structures and design based on your calculations;
- Coordination of structural work in cooperation with your team
- Attend technical meetings with clients and class societies
- A Bsc. or Msc. In Naval Architecture, Maritime Engineering or comparable;
- 7+ years’ of experience with structural engineering in the maritime industry
- Knowledge of software like Ansys, Femap or NX
- A flexible and proactive attitude
- Excellent communication skills in English and Dutch, both written and spoken
- Excellent salary and working conditions
- Good secondary conditions like 37 holidays (28 + 9), profit distribution and possibilities to work from home
- Working on state of the art projects within the maritime industry with a high variety of projects to work on
- Working in an experienced team and develop yourself as an engineer
- Study possibilities and training
- Possibility to grow within our organisation to positions like specialist engineer or a lead engineer role
- Outside of working time activities like football, harbour runs, Friday drink and more